Seasonal Floral Intensive
Join Erin Benzakein for a unique late summer floral design experience: A two-day “Floral Intensive” course at Floret Flower Farm in Washington’s Skagit Valley. This extraordinary two-day design workshop will take place at the peak of dahlia season.
As a participant, you will have the exclusive opportunity to explore Floret’s flower fields and gather armloads of gorgeous late summer flowers. We’ll then take truck loads of harvested blooms to the historic Basye barn where we’ll create loose, natural and overflowing arrangements highlighting the coveted late season Café au Lait dahlias, grasses, scented foliages and luscious fruit on the branch. Erin will demonstrate her signature organic design style and share valuable tips on building a robust wedding and event-based business focused on seasonal flowers.
- Special tour of Floret’s gardens and flower fields
- Harvesting of dahlias and dozens of other varieties of late summer flowers, foliage and fruits
- Discussion on post-harvest care and handling, plus tips and tricks for extending the vase life of flowers
- Design tutorials and practice creating large scale, dramatic arrangements
Topics & activities include:
- An in-depth discussion on the business of wedding flowers including how to coordinate client communications, establish pricing, conduct consultations, develop proposals and create budgets
- Learn floral design artistry and techniques for creating high quality hand-tied bouquets, lush centerpieces, boutonnieres and flower crowns
- Discuss social media strategies to promote your floral design business
- Photograph your floral creations and learn ways to best capture your designs
Throughout the course:
- Get expert tips and sample wedding proposals and other documents from one of the nation’s leading “farmer florists”
- Learn how to maximize your online presence for marketing purposes
- Network with fellow flower enthusiasts
- See life on a working flower farm
- Get honest answers to all your burning flower-related questions
- Build your skillset and confidence as a designer
- Get inspired!
Additional workshop details:
The two-day workshop will take place from 9am to 5pm at Floret Flower Farm. Delicious meals – including light breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages – are included.
Accommodations and dinners are not included in the cost of the workshop. A list of area accommodations will be provided upon registration and a hotel block will be reserved nearby. Transportation to and from the hotel will be provided. Floret will happily coordinate dinner reservations for those interested in dining together and continuing the conversation.
A detailed agenda and lodging information will be provided to workshop attendees upon registration. There are no refunds given for cancellations. Space is limited, so register early to ensure a spot.
Please email us with any questions: [email protected].
***** TICKETS UNAVAILABLE *****