As I shared in my most recent e-newsletter (sign up here if you are not yet on the list) when I’m not working in the garden, I’m cranking out new resources for fellow flower fanatics. One of those new resources is a little book focused on utilizing local flowers in wedding designs: Fresh from the Field Wedding Flowers
Print versions of Fresh from the Field Wedding Flowers came out a few weeks ago and I’m delighted to announce that it is now available as an e-book for the iPad, Kindle and Nook!
This little gem is loaded with beautiful photos of wedding bouquets made by “farmer florists” and floral designers utilizing local, seasonal flowers.
Both the e-book and the print version of the book include:
- Photo essays and practical tips for using locally grown flowers for DIY weddings
- Quick tips on how to grow more than 100 varieties of flowers and foliage used in wedding florals
- PLUS a bonus disc containing 75-minutes of video tutorials where I demonstrate how to create a classic European hand-tied bouquet, a large altar arrangement, a lush centerpiece and an adorable corsage and boutonniere.I was thrilled to have the opportunity to collaborate with Lynn Byczynski, author of the amazing book The Flower Farmer to create this new resource.Lynn and I are both passionate about local flowers and were eager to create a basic design guide to support the growing local flower movement. This resource is specifically geared towards:
- DIY brides and eco-conscious couples committed to having a greener wedding celebration;
- Flower farmers and passionate gardeners seeking to develop basic floral design skills in order to
utilize their flowers in essential wedding elements;
- Floral designers interested in tapping the locally-grown trend and incorporating more local,
seasonal blooms in their design work.Fresh from the Field Wedding Flowers offers inspiring, yet practical and accessible ways to create beautiful magazine-worthy bouquets using sustainable,seasonalblooms. It is a must-have for your resource library.Be sure to connect with Fresh from the Field Wedding Flowers on Facebook to get updates, information on book related events and more! We’ll be rolling out some exciting special features related to the book later this spring that you won’t want to miss!
Finally, are you a fellow blogger? Want a chance to review the new book on your site? I’m inviting up to 20 bloggers to review the new book on their blogs AND receive an extra copy to give away to readers. Review copies are limited and demand is high, so please Apply today. PLUS one lucky blogger will be invited to be featured in an interview on my blog!