Buy Floret Book
Find out when popular products will be restocked
Home Blog What makes the Floret Online Workshop unique
November 10th 2017

What makes the Floret Online Workshop unique

Over the years, I’ve turned to online courses to dig deeper into all sorts of different topics ranging from creative photography to marketing to copywriting. Online courses can be a great way to learn more about a particular topic from the comfort of your own home.

I’ve spent more mornings than I can count perched at the dining room table with my laptop and a strong cup of coffee taking frantic notes as I watched online course videos. I’ve applied so much of what I’ve learned through these transformative courses and my business has benefited tremendously.

When the team and I started putting the pieces together to create the new Floret Online Workshop, I thought back on which online courses were the very best and made a long list the things I loved and wanted to incorporate into ours. I also noted all the things I wanted to do differently for our course. And I’m proud to say that we were able to accomplish all of them–plus more.

Here  are a few key things that make the Floret Online Workshop unique.

First and foremost, this is truly a workshop. Unlike some online courses where the instructors upload a few videos and pdf’s and then walk away, the team and I will be right there alongside attendees the entire time. We will be very involved in every aspect of the six week course, sending out weekly lessons, offering live Q&A sessions and posting discussion prompts to engage our flower community.

Complete course packet. This 170 page printed course packet contains a decade’s worth of information and resources on growing a thriving flower farm business.

Even though the workshop is in a digital format, I know how important it is to have a physical copy of the course materials at your finger tips. So we will be mailing out our comprehensive course packets, plus other goodies from the farm so that attendees won’t need a ream of paper and an entire box of ink cartridges to print out the course material.

Lifetime access. The Floret Online Workshop is yours to keep. This is a feature that is really important to me. I’ve signed up for more than a few costly online courses only to learn later that access to the content expires after just one year. In the Floret Online Workshop participants will be able to go back and re-watch the video tutorials season after season, without fear of them disappearing.

100+ Video Tutorials. I am a visual learner and need to see something done, ideally over and over again, for it to sink in. Filmed over the course of a season, we’ll be going behind the scenes to learn all of the key strategies, systems and time-tested techniques that have contributed to Floret’s incredible success. I’ll be sharing all of our valuable small scale flower farming skills, including plant propagation, crop selection, efficient harvesting and packaging techniques, planning the farm and so much more. Each short video tutorial will allow attendees to learn at their own pace, view them in any order and revisit them anytime.

The Floret Learning Community aka “the tribe”.  This private online forum is a place where attendees can participate in lively discussions of the workshop content, connect with others in their growing zone or region, post progress photos and ask any and all questions that surface.  And yes, access to the Learning Community forum will be continue on after the conclusion of the six-week course!

Online Support Team. If you have followed Floret for any length of time, you’ve likely heard me talk about Team Floret. I have the immense privilege of working alongside an amazing group of incredibly smart, talented, kind, generous (and hilarious!) teammates every day.

Over the years, I’ve also had the opportunity to have a number of successful flower farmers travel to the farm and join the Floret Team to help teach and support students at our on-farm workshops.

As part of the new Floret Online Workshop, we’ve invited many of these all-star flower farmers to, once again, be a part of Team Floret and share their flower farming experience and expertise with participants. Our team of experienced farmer-florists will be providing additional support, offering guidance and coaching attendees through the six week course.

And what’s so great about this group is that, collectively, they represent diverse zones and climates from the arid desert to extreme mountain elevations to the hot, humid climates of the south. They also bring expertise with various farmer-florist business models, including urban and rural markets in all different regions of the country.

To learn more about this incredible course, please visit our Floret Online Workshop page.

In the new Floret Online Workshop, we pull back the curtain and show you step-by-step how we grow, harvest and sell high quality cut flowers and how we’ve built a thriving, profitable flower business on very little land.

UPDATE:  Registration  now closed.  We plan to open enrollment for our next class in the fall of 2018. Make sure you’re on our newsletter list to get all the details next autumn.  I’d love to have you join us!

1. Jennifer Stites on

Hi Everyone!
    I just signed up but it didn’t ask for my address. Did I miss something? Or will we be adding our addresses later for the mailed materials?
    Thanks!

• Team Floret on

Hi Jennifer, we will be sending out a survey to all registrants that asks for additional information, including your mailing address so we can send your course packet and other goodies. So delighted to have you in the workshop!

2. Amy on

Will this course be offered at another time, maybe next year? I would love to take it, but financially it would be better for our family for me to take it next year.

• Team Floret on

Hi Amy! Thanks for your interest in the Floret Online Workshop. Yes, we do plan to offer it again in a year–we’d love to have you join us!

3. Grace on

Is there anyway to purchase the 170 page packet that goes with the course seperatly? I’d love to take the course but the budget just won’t allow it right now.

• Team Floret on

Hi Grace, The Floret Online Workshop is only available as a complete course. Sorry, but the course packet is not sold separately.

4. Laura on

I am so grateful that there are some strong, inspiring women in this industry. It means the world to me that Erin is willing to share her knowledge without feeling threatened or competitive- there can never be too many flowers in this world. I’m so happy to be a part of this workshop!

5. Kim Smith on

Hi , my daughter and I are very interested . Thing is we are in Ocala FL, we are very humid June –
    August . Sept – winter with chance of a few 30 degree days … need more flowers in my life will this work here . We have a couple of acres extra if needed

• Ramya on

I am wondering the same for hot climate growing locations like southern India. Dying to create something that’s beautiful like the array of floura in cold climate areas.

• Team Floret on

Hi Ramya, thanks for your question! We’ve had attendees from all over the U.S. and several other countries attend our on-farm workshops. The online course includes foundational information that will apply to any growing zone as well as techniques that can be adjusted for your climate. I encourage you to read the quote from Little Farmhouse Flowers who speaks to this. You can read it here: https://www.floretflowers.com/workshops/praise/ Plus, we demonstrate flower farming fundamentals such as seed starting, plant propagation, and dividing dahlias plus market bouquet packaging and marketing that are, of course, not climate-specific. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out!

• Team Floret on

Hi Kim! Please see my earlier reply to Ramya’s question and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions!

6. Daniëlle & Roos Raven on

Hallelujah from Holland! We’re in!! Our daughter Roos (12) is almost even more excited as I am… We started last year with some small tryouts in growing and selling flowers, with our ‘bakfiets’, and it made us and so much more people so happy. I had to think it over some time, it’s an investment of course. But we go for the full YES, I’m sure we are going to love all of it. It’s going to be a lot of shared fun for both of us. We’re looking forward to all of it and all of you! Love from Holland.

7. Charlotte Pemberton on

I’m so excited that I have the opportunity to take this course at the very beginning of starting my first paddock and I have 10 months before next spring so I can prepare the soil properly and give myself the best start. I know this will save me thousands in the long run!

• Team Floret on

Charlotte,
      We’re so happy that you’re joining us!
      Yes, this will save you so much time and money in the long run.

8. Lisa on

I agree with Cali above, this post provides the additional information I needed to make a decision on the course. It is an investment – in me. Count me in! Am super excited! Any chance of getting a California all-star flower grower on board to support the workshop? It looks like CA might not be represented?

• Team Floret on

Hi Lisa,

Thrilled to hear it. We have two wonderful growers in California that will be assisting throughout the course, so you’ll be in good hands. So excited to have you join us!

• Lisa on

Wonderful to hear there will be CA reps as well – super! Can’t wait!

9. Ange on

The online workshop looks amazing. Are there more details on what’s covered in each of the modules?

I agree, your generosity in sharing your knowledge makes this such an incredible investment in me! Signed up early am the 9th and am so ready and excited to get going😁

• Team Floret on

Thrilled to hear it!

11. Cali Walters on

Thank you for this post, the details you’ve shared make me feel more confident in taking the plunge and making the investment! I’m excited!

• Team Floret on

That’s wonderful news Cali!