b-day goodnessWritten by Floret
Today is my birthday. I’m turning thirty three. It’s a funny number since physically I feel like twenty three and internally, more like late forties. I adore getting older because each year I find that I’m getting closer to myself, closer to my truth, to my power, to my light. Less of my energy is spent hiding and more of it glowing. Less of my time is spent in fear and more of it leaning into courage and going towards my dreams. The scales are tipping and I finally feel like I’m leaving the cocoon!
In honor of birth and stepping forward into the future, I thought I’d share some of the things that are making my heart sing right now.
- First off, I’m starting a newsletter!!!
If you’d like to be on the mailing list, there’s a little sign up box just to the right here on the blog.
- Secondly, a really sweet interview was featured on Flowerona today. So exciting!
- Thanks to the lovely Georgianna Lane, there is now a press page on the website! Woohoo! If you want to read the article I wrote for Somerset Life last month, then pop on over here for a peek. Floret-Press
- Jennie Love from Love n’ Fresh Flowers in Philly flew out last month for a visit. We spent four days huddled in my dining room around the space heater brainstorming, plotting and hatching big flower plans for the future. The first of which is a new joint flower blog called The Seasonal Bouquet Project: two designers, two farms, two coasts + one double dog dare. Our first post will go live on March 5th but if you’d like to hear more about the idea, us or to get the address pre-saved into your reading list, then you can head over there for the scoop!
- This beautiful photo tour of an Australian rose farm, B & B Flowers, left me holding my breath and totally freaking out with joy. Harvesting armload after armload of fresh roses is the stuff of flower farming dreams!?! A Blooming Lovely
- I’m a self help, personal growth junkie. I love inspiration and wisdom and am always on the hunt for new sources of insight. Danielle LaPorte’s Fire Starter Sessions is hands down, the best book I’ve ever read on the topic!!! Part sermon, part therapy, and part totally ass kicking… this book will blow you out of the water and into passion driven action towards the life and business of your dreams. I can’t say enough awesome stuff about this book! It changed me in the core.
- Erin Wallace of Bluebird Baby has been a beacon of light during these dark days of winter. Her soulful writing, big dream chasing, generous sharing and all around beautiful life have left me refilled. I took her photography e-course Eye’s Open this summer and it was amazing!!
- Lastly, I just ordered a TON of new dahlia varieties from a fabulous grower in Monterey Bay CA, Elkhorn Gardens. Colleen the owner was kind enough to share her time and recommendations with me which amounted to quite a massive order ; ) Goodbye groceries, hello dahlias! This one is particularly exciting!!!
Back to blog