What You Will Need
- Heavy duty clippers
- Floral wire
- Various evergreen foliages
- Interesting textural bits
- You will need some type of wreath frame, wire, and clippers. This metal ring came from a craft store, but you can also make your own out of wild grapevines.
- To start, gather all the ingredients that you’ll be working with. For the most beautiful wreath, you'll want six to eight different kinds of evergreens and some unusual textural bits.
- Next, make up a collection of small mixed evergreen bundles. Place the more common evergreens on the back, and concentrate the unusual elements on the front of the bundle.
- Once you have a nice pile of bundles, it’s time to begin. Lay a bundle of greens on your wreath frame and secure it with a few wraps of floral wire.
- Then move a few inches down the frame and place your next bundle, making sure to keep the greenery facing the same direction as the last, and secure it to the frame with wire.
- Continue adding bundles and wiring them down until the entire frame is covered in greens.
- Once the wreath frame is fully covered, it’s time to add in the special little touches that will really make your finished wreath pop.
- These specialty elements give texture and interest to the finished wreath.
- Once you have everything securely fastened, primped, and fussed with, your wreath is ready to be shared!