What You Will Need
- Queen Anne's Lace
- Garden Roses
- Lemon Verbena
- Oregano flowers
- For this type of footed container, a piece of crumpled chicken wired should be pushed down inside the vase to help anchor your stems.
- Start by placing any important focal elements front and center. These crabapples look beautiful spilling over the edge of the bouquet.
- Begin building your foliage framework. Goldenrod is a fantastic and sturdy filler.
- Keep adding different foliages to establish the overall shape. Here I am using airy lemon verbena, dock, and oregano flower heads.
- Next, place in your umbel-shaped ingredients, like Queen Anne’s lace and yarrow, throughout.
- Once the foliage base is firmly set, start placing your fancy focal blooms where they will have the most visual impact. These gorgeous yellow garden roses are the stars of this particular arrangement.
- Now thread in your supporting characters, like these pure white cosmos.
- Next, it's time to bring in some color. Here I used helianthus and 'Persian Carpet' zinnias, placed evenly throughout the centerpiece for a cheerful end result.
- Be sure to keep elements low and horizontal, as opposed to vertical, so those seated at the table can see each other.